Aadhaar is a unique identification no. which is issued by the Indian government to every citizen. Aadhar is a 12 digit number that is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). If any citizen of India wants to make his Aadhaar card, then he has to visit the Aadhaar Enrollment Center where he has to show his date of birth proof along with any identity which is proof of his being an Indian citizen.
Your address, date of birth, photograph, and biometric are available on the Aadhaar card, which you can use as address proof. There is also a virtual or electronic form of Aadhar card, which we call e-Aadhaar, on which all the information of the citizen is available. You can also download e-Aadhaar online or there are many such government-approved applications in which e-Aadhaar is automatically downloaded on entering your Aadhar card no. One special thing you should keep in mind while enrolling in Aadhar is that you must register your mobile no so that you do not face any problem in downloading e-Aadhaar.
How To Download Aadhaar Card Online?
1) First of all you have to visit the official website of UIDAI.
UIDAI Official Website - https://uidai.gov.in/
2) Click on the "Download Aadhaar" option given in the My Aadhaar menu on the top left corner of the website homepage.
3) After this you will see three options- Aadhar Number, Enrollment ID, and Virtual ID, and by filling in whatever details are available with you, click on the "Send OTP" option.
4) After this you will get OTP on your registered mobile no and you have to fill it and click on the "verify" option.
5) Now click on the Download option.
6) After this, the Aadhar card will be downloaded to your device or laptop.
The password of the downloaded file of the Aadhaar card will be eight characters. You will have to write the first 4 letters of your name given on the Aadhaar card and then the year of birth.